Director of Technology Services
134 Industrial Blvd.
Ellijay, GA 30540
The mission of the Gilmer County School District Technology Department is to prepare students to achieve technology literacy and the highest learning standards by engaging a high quality staff, involved parents, and a supportive community.
The vision for technology use is to improve and extend teaching and learning through the meaningful use of technology in our schools. Through the support and training of our staff, Gilmer County students will be technologically empowered, life-long learners who will be prepared to enter the next phase of their education and become effective members of the workforce.
The vision of the Gilmer County School System for technology use includes the desire to implement the following:
- Offer students, teachers, administrators, and parents mobile and high-speed access to current information to empower problem solving, decision making, and collaborative learning.
- Provide equal opportunities and assistive technologies for students with special needs or disadvantaged sub groups.
- Provide 21st Century standardized equipment and resources in all academic classrooms.
- Restructure classroom instruction to make it valid, goal-oriented, and connected to 21st Century technology.
- Engage in continuous evaluation of instructional practices and technology integration to monitor student and teacher technology literacy in accordance with National Technology Literacy standards.
- Create baseline standards for classroom technology and strive for system wide purchasing policies.
- Provide high performance, web-based software to administrative personnel that will allow easy data collection and distribution to school personnel.